Class teacher: Mrs Raw
Teaching assistant: Mrs Fielding
Scroll down the class page to see examples of our amazing work!
Take a look at our curriculum overviews to see all of the things we will be covering in each term.
This term we have been looking at stories by Oliver Jeffers, particularly, Lost and Found.
Our Class Story Map of Lost and Found
We described how the penguin must be feeling using Roll on the Wall
The children have been thinking about remembrance day in class. They have written acrostic poems and made poppies.
This term we will be focusing on plants and growth. Talk to your child about how things grow. Go outdoors and explore your local area.
Talk to your child about the story of Jack and the Beanstalk.
We will be learning all about the story and writing our own versions.
Our class story map of Jack and the Beanstalk.
Year 1 Homework
In year 1 your child should be aiming to do 10-15 minutes homework daily (although topic based work may take a little longer)
All the homework is written on the terms homework sheet. Please comment on how your child completed the work set each week.
- Home reader - Please read with your child for 5 minutes every day and sign their home reading record
- Purple Mash - Exciting topic homework where your child can apply what they have learnt in class.
- Education City - Fun games for your child to apply what they have learnt.
- Homework Books - A list of homework activities will be sent home every term, these will include Literacy, Numeracy, Topic and project based tasks. Please comment and sign once your child has completed a task.
- Rock Stars - Multiplication activities.
- My Maths - Numeracy activities
Our PE days are: Monday and Wednesday.
Please make sure your child has their full PE kit in school at all times. Any questions, please ask.
My Maths - http://mymaths.co.uk/
Purple Mash - https://www.purplemash.com/
Jolly Phonics - http://jollylearning.co.uk/gallery/audio-2/
Phonics Play - http://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Education City - Educationcity.com